Apex Aviation’s Avionics Technicians troubleshoot and repair with very little supervision all avionics and electrical equipment in a safe, efficient, and high-quality manner in accordance with Apex Aviation policies and procedures and with current CFR’s, manufacturer’s data, drawings, specifications and bulletins, or other tech data approved by the administrator.
· Perform day to day planned and unplanned modifications, maintenance, repairs, troubleshooting, inspections, etc. for avionics systems on corporate and general aviation aircraft, including helicopters.
· Ensure all aircraft maintenance documentation is executed in compliance with applicable Code of Federal Regulations, company policies and procedures, and applicable maintenance manuals to include specific chapters.
· Must be capable of updating software in Avionics Systems.
· Read, interpret, and understand electrical schematics and engineering drawings.
· Ensure that rejected and un-serviceable parts are handled in such a way as to prevent their reuse as serviceable parts.
· Work with little or no supervision and accomplish assignments.
· Maintain the shop in a clean and orderly manner.
· Knowledge of Garmin, Aspen, Avidyne and Bendix/King Systems.
· Ability to perform with a sense of urgency with a willingness to learn.
· Perform all work tasks with a high level of quality and safety with attention to details.
· Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with all members of the company.
· Accurately record time worked on aircraft work order. Staying within quoted timeframes for installations.
· Complete required training and maintain training currency as defined in Company Manuals.
· Must have own tools.
At least 2 years Avionics experience performing installations.
Ability to obtain an FAA Repairman Certificate
Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment.
Proficient in performing 91.411 and 91.413 checks.
Ability to stand, kneel, bend, and lift up to 50 lbs.
Must be able to pass pre-employment and random drug tests.
Some overtime will be required as business demands.
If you're interested in one of our open positions, start by applying here and attaching your resume.